Thursday, April 18, 2013

Missed Opportunities...

Hello, friends! 

This week was going to be the week!  I was going to be soooooo all over the biking groove.  I only had 2 days in CoMO but I was going to make the most of them.  Honestly, friends, I'd been feeling a little discouraged about my progress the past few weeks, so this week was going to be the pick-me-up I needed to get back into the game.  Here was the plan:

TUESDAY:
- Arrive in CoMO around 11am
- Bike to my lunch appointment downtown @ 12:30
- Get picked up from my lunch appointment to go grocery shopping w' a student @ 2
- Get dropped off again and bike to my next appoinment on campus @ 4
- Stay on campus until 7 when I had a phone appoinment

WEDNESDOY:
- Bike to my noon prayer meeting on campus
- Bike downtown for my 12:30 meeting
- Bike back to campus for my 2, 3, 4, and 5pm meetings
- Stay on campus for Large Group prep starting @ 6
- Bike back to the Man Cave after Large Group @ 9
- Drive home to StL

If everything had gone my way, Tuesday would have yielded $5.10 in meters.  Wednesday would have given me $7.40 in meters.  The mileage would have been negligible but still, every little bit helps, right?

Here's what really happened. 

Tuesday actually went as planned.  Hooray!!!

Wednesday was a mess.
- A student really needed to talk to me so I got a late start getting to campus, meaning I had to drive instead of bike in order to make it to the prayer meeting. 
- Since I had to drive to the prayer meeting, I also had to drive to my second meeting downtown.
- I did get to get back home and bike to my 2pm and stay on campus for my 3pm and 4pm.
- However, there was a tornado warning that threatened to keep me in CoMO until Friday (that, in reality, only lasted about 2 hours), so I skipped my 5pm and Large Group to drive back to StL.
- While biking back to the Man Cave, I busted a tire and had to walk back half of the way. 

So, I had the chance.  I really did.  I just couldn't capitalize on it.  Alas, this week was good but not great.  =0). 

Anyway, here are the stats:
Distance: 6.5 miles ($.61)
Meter: 3.5 hours downtown ($2.10) + 6 hours on campus ($6)

Total:  $8.71
Grand Total: $338.94
Left to Save: $244.09

I am going to try to fix the flat tire myself but if not, that will cost a few dollars too... alas...

Happy Biking! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment