Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Consistency...

Hello, friends!

Today, May 14, 2014, I did something that I had not done in quite a long time... I wore gloves on my ride to campus. The temperature when I left was 49 degrees and there was enough of a wind to make it feel much cooler than that. For reasons unbeknownst to me, the weather has decided that being in the 80's was no fun anymore and that it was time to start acting like autumn again.

Here's the thing. I don't even mind the cold. I prefer the cold to the wet, especially when it comes to biking. In fact, biking in the low 50's or high 40's can be downright pleasant since I don't have to worry about being all sweaty and nasty when I arrive at my destination  A slight breeze can be a great thing too, when it's going in the right direction.

What I can't handle is the inconsistency. For one, my head doesn't agree with it. All the changes in barometric pressure mess with my head and I am not a fan of the migraines I get. I also don't like stepping outside then having to go back inside because I am not wearing warm enough clothing.  I suppose those are the joys of living in Missouri. They say that if you don't like the weather here you can wait 10 minutes because it will change. I'm sure that other states have the same saying but it sure does seem true here.

Anyway, so long as it stays dry (at least on days when I am biking) I will do my best to make sure that I keep complaining to a minimum. I'm sure in just a few weeks I will be posting again about how hot it is and how I sure wouldn't mind some cooler weather. =0).

Stats:
Distance: 10 miles ($.71)
Meters: 9.5 hours on campus ($9.50) + 3 hours downtown ($1.80)

Total: 12.01
Grand Total: $501.44
Left to Save: $101.57

Happy biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment