Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Bike in A Car

Hello, friends! 

Right now I am preparing for ACF Large Group in Columbia.  Right after that I will head back to my beautiful wife in Saint Louis.  I get Thursday and Friday off as a Sabbath, since I didn't take a Sabbath while I was in California.  (Oops). 

One of the things that I love to do is bike on my Sabbath.  I love pedaling and pedaling and just going somewhere.  I love not having to drive and I love it being faster than walking.  I am really excited about biking tomorrow...

Except that I didn't bring my bike rack with me from Saint Louis.  What this means is that I'm going to have to find some way to cram Sulu into the Rolla.  This should be fun. 

This used to be a lot easier, actually.  Sulu's front tire comes off pretty easily and the frame, while sizable, is smaller than my previous bike.  The problem is the fender.  Since I put on the fenders to keep from getting myself all muddy while biking in the rain (a GREAT decision, btw), now Sulu won't fit comfortably in the Rolla.  The fenders stick out a bit, making it too wide for the interior. 

How am I going to get this bad boy in there?  I have no idea.  What I do know is that I WILL find a way because I am not missing an opportunity to bike around town without a fight.  =0). 

Stats;
Places traveled: Campus twice.
Distance: 8 miles ($.70)
Meters: 8 hours ($8)

Total: $8.70
Grand Total: $328.56
Left to Save: $254.47

Happy Biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment