Friday, December 7, 2012

Major Gains and Major Setbacks

Hello, friends! 

This past week has been one of major gains and one major setback in my quest to eventually save enough money to justify the purchase of Sulu.  Let's recap, shall we? 

I decided to bring Sulu home last week.  I knew that I was going to Sabbath on Saturday and I knew that I wanted to ride on my Sabbath so I figured that that would be a good idea.  It turned out to be quite a good idea.  Here's why. 

Friday: I biked a LOT.  I went to the library to get some work done and then Meg asked me to pick up something from Walgreens before I went to Global Cafe, which is the International Friends Large Group gathering.  Here's my map.  Total there was 13.8 miles, which is pretty solid. 

Saturday: On Friday our friend Greg asked if anyone wanted to go bike riding around Forest Park on Saturday.  Since biking was part of my plan anyway, it only makes sense that I would say yes to that, right?  Here's where it gets fun.  I thought to myself, "self, why would you DRIVE somewhere to go biking when you could BIKE somewhere to go biking?  So that's what I did.  I biked down to forest park, biked around forest part, went to the history museum and the art museum, then biked home.  Here's that map.  The total there was 12 miles, which is also a good number, especially given that I had biked so much the previous day. 

Tuesday: Meg came with me to Columbia but that didn't stop me from riding everywhere, even though she didn't have a bike.  Since my bike was still on the back of my car when I dropper her off at Columbia College, I decided to park and ride the rest of the day.  That's 2 more miles + meter time. 

Wednesday: This is where the big loss came.  I got up Wednesday morning and had a terrible realization... I'd lost my bike lock.  See, on Tuesday, when I reattached my bike to the bike rack, I used the bungee cords that usually attach my lock to the bike.  Normally this isn't a problem but for whatever reason I forgot to throw the lock in my car.  Thus, I had to buy a new bike lock.  Lame.  I still got the normal 4 miles biked + meter time but that was definitely a setback. 

Stats:
Miles biked: 31.8 miles ($2.82)
Meters: 7 hours on campus ($7.00)
New Bike Lock: (-$25.11)

Total: -$15.29
Grand Total: $313.27
Left to Save: $269.76

Happy Biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment