Thursday, January 17, 2013

Accuracy, thy Name is Smartphone

Hello, friends! 

First of all, happy new year to you all!  May 2013 be a year full of inflated tires and downhill rides.  =0).  I promise that I will try to be more diligent about my posting.  There are many miles to be biked! 

Where have I biked in the past 4 weeks?  The truth is that there have been a few rides but not a ton of them.  Many of my rides have been hybrid rides.  To be honest, I had actually forgotten a number of my rides, including where I went and how far I biked.  BUT, then I remembered that I had already logged all that information! 

One of the beautiful things about owning a smartphone is that you have access to all sorts of apps.  There are the games, news apps, video apps, and stupid apps that make you shake your head.  My favorite apps are the ones that make me more productive.  Honestly, I don't quite know what I would do without my to-do list. 

The newest app that I've enjoyed is my new cycling app.  It's a pretty simple GPS based app, probably not any different than many other apps that claim to do the same thing, but I like this one pretty well.  I hit "record," start my ride, "hit finish," and then I'm told exactly how far I biked, how long it took me, and my miles per hour.  It even shows me a map!  The one thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to show y'all my ride info. 

Anyway, this is my new toy and I'm pretty stoked about it.  Here's hoping it inspires me to ride more in 2013.  =0). 

Stats:
Trips: Clayton to the Loop, Starbucks to the Thai restaurant, and home to FloValley. 
Miles: 2.2 + 6.2 + 10.1 = 18.5 ($1.61)
Meters: Alas, I needed no meters here in StL.

Total: $1.61
Grand Total: $316.75
Left to Save: $266.28

Ok, so a month of biking saved me less than $2... at least it was fun! 

Happy biking! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment