Saturday, January 31, 2015

Cycling Fashion... or lack there of...

Hello, friends!

A few weeks ago I posted about how I don't care about looking ridiculous when it comes to biking because I need to stay warm and dry more than anything. At the time, I was really only concerned with my clothing. A few days ago, I realized that the same principles also apply to my head/hair when it comes to biking. Here's what went down.

I was biking back from campus when I decided to stop by my bike shop to ask a few questions about a new bike I'd heard about (more on that later). I hung out with the folk at the shop for while then started on my way home. As I was about to put my helmet back on my head, I saw my reflection in the window and the photo below is what I saw...

Let me break it down for you. When it's cold, I wear a ski mask type thing so that my face doesn't get frozen. It's super warm and I love it. It's made of fleece which means it can get a little statc-y. What you see is the how my head looks when I take off my helmet.

Here's what happened next. I walked back into the store and said to my friend who works there, "Hey, why didn't you tell me my hair looked like this while we were talking?!" His answer was priceless.

"Dude, this is a bike shop. Everyone's hair looks like that. I didn't even notice." =0).

This is what I love about biking. There's a certain fraternity of bikers. We get why folk have their right pant leg rolled up to their knee. No one blinks when someone walks in looking like they're working on a Don King impression. Cycling fashion is just a different beast and I love it.

Stats:
Distance: 9 miles ($.35)
Meters: 15 hours ($15)

Total: $15.35
Grand Total: $711.75 (Past $700! Hooray!)
In the Positive: $108.74 (Past $100! Hooray again!)

Happy Biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment