Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Lost Lock!

Hello, friends!

An interesting thing happened to me a few days ago. I was getting ready to bike downtown when I noticed that my bike lock was missing! I retraced my steps along my ride but I couldn't find it anywhere. I honestly have no idea what happened to it. I have another bike lock so it's not actually that big of a deal but definitely an oddity.

This isn't the first time I've lost a bike lock, nor is it the oddest time that's happened. When I was in high school I biked to school. I only lived less than a mile from campus so it was a pretty quick trip. There was a rack outside the parking lot to my high school that was pretty much a horizontal bar that ran about 50 feet or so. There were usually about 2 dozen bikes locked up next to mine on any given day. Being the slightly OCD guy that I am, I always locked my bike in just about the same place.
One day I came out of class at the end of the day and noticed that something was off. My bike was at the wrong end of the bike rack. Added to that, the gears had been shifted and the bike lock was gone. To this day, I have no idea what happened but I'm glad that my bike wasn't stolen. My best guess is that someone just took my bike for a joyride but I'm still not entirely sure as to why they didn't steal the thing. (Fun note: that bike was later stolen in college.)

Stats:
Distance: 11 miles ($.41)
Meters: 3 hours on campus ($3) + 4 hours downtown ($2.40)

Total: $5.81
Grand Total: $684.08
In the Positive: $81.07

Happy Biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment