Tuesday, November 4, 2014

SUCCESS!!!

Hello, friends!

WE DID IT!!!

After 3+ years of riding, blogging, and commuting back and forth between home and campus, we have finally crossed the threshold and are now in the positive!

I can't tell you how happy I am right now. Actually, right now there are a lot of emotions happening.

- Happiness: It's always nice to accomplish a goal and I'm glad I stuck with it.
- Relief: There were times when I wasn't sure that this was actually going to happen, especially after Sulu got stolen a while back. I'm glad I stuck with it.
- Sadness: Speaking of Sulu, I miss that bike. It was my fault that he got stolen but that doesn't make it hurt any less. We should have celebrated this moment together.
- Frustration: Looking back, I know I could have done it faster. There were days when I could have riden more or gotten to campus earlier. The competitor in me says that it could have been done better.
- Determination: The frustration, of course, leads to determination. I'm not getting a new bike until I've biked enough to offset the costs. I'm thinking about $600 or so should do the trick.

So, my friends, it's time for a new adventure. I hope that you join me on this one as we race our way to a new bike? Who thinks I can get it done before 2017? =0).

Stats:
Miles biked: 15 ($.88)
Meters: 20 hours on campus ($20) + 5 hours downtown ($3)

Total: $23.88
Grand Total: $618.68
Left to Save for Sulu: 0000000000000000000.0000000000000000000000 =0).

In the positive: $15.67

Happy Biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment