Thursday, August 25, 2011

08-25-11: My legs are sore, but it isn't from biking!

Hello, friends!

Why are my legs sore?  I played soccer today.  I'm actually not much of a soccer player.  I never learned how.  Growing up, we played little league so I'm more of a baseball/softball kind of guy.

It's only recently that I've started to appreciate the beauty of soccer.  There have been a couple of factors contributing to that.

- I joined an English Premier League Fantasy League.  My friend E thought it would be fun if we all picked a team in the EPL and picked up points based on how they fared in the EPL as well as the Champions League.  My team was Tottenham (Go Spurs!).  Now that I had a vested interested...
- I started watching more international soccer.  Man, those guys can play!  Between that and the World Cup (both Men's and Women's) I can see why the sport is so popular.  It's really much more than a bunch of folk running around the ball in a cloud of dust.  It is quite a beautiful game.

Anyway, I had one trip to campus that was followed immediately by a trip down south, so I had to drive.  My second trip to campus though was pure peddling goodness.  Here are the stats:

Distance Traveled: 4 miles ($.40)
Meter: 1.5 hours ($1.50)

Grand Total for the day: $1.90
Grand Total so far: $17.85
Left to save: $556.78

Happy Biking!

~Adam

1 comment:

  1. I watched a ton of football while on our vacation to London this spring. I know squat about soccer/football, but after watching as much as I did, I think could definitely get into it.

    ReplyDelete