Thursday, August 25, 2011

A bike by any other name...

Hello, friends! 

I love nicknames.  As many of you know, I love giving nicknames in an unconventional way.  I tend to have a process that is 3 or 4 different steps before getting to a good place. 

So I'm a little torn on what I should name my new bike.  I think I'm going to put up a poll or something and have people vote.  Or, you could just email me and let me know what you think.  Anyway, here is my process:
What's my name?!?!




My bike is silver 2010 Trek 7.2 FX.
Trek immediately makes me think of Star Trek.
There is one Asian dude on the original Star Trek, Lieutenant Hikaru Sulu.
So, option one for my bike name is "Sulu."

But!!!


Then I got to thinking.
This bike is actually a 7.2.
The original bike is the 7.1.
So my bike is actually Trek THE NEXT GENERATION.
Who was my favorite character on TNG?
Lieutenant Geordi La Forge, also a helmsman.
So, option two for my make name is "Jordy" (I know the spelling isn't the same, but I like it better).

What do you guys think?  Any other suggestions I should consider? 

Happy Biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment