Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My face is numb... and that's a good thing!

Hello, friends!

First, a citation.  Papa has reminded me that the quip I used about cow tipping is not actually my own.  I took it from a Steve Nash commercial I saw a while back.  There are quite a few funny ones in there.  Thanks to Papa for keeping me honest.

So, why is my face numb?  I went to the dentist today!  I had a filling that needed to be taken care of, so this morning I went down to my dentist and had that bad boy filled.  Good times.  For the record, I had an 8am appointment after a meeting that ended @ 7:30am about 8 miles away, so I drove to both places.  Bummer, I know.

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about dentists.  I've had some good experiences and some bad experiences.  My dentist as a child was pretty solid.  He was funny and my parents were actually friends with him outside of dentistry.  He helped get Phuzz and me into the basketball league we played in back in the day.  On the other hand, my first adult dentist was a little dirty.  I think he was just trying to connect with me as a young person, but I felt a little uncomfortable talking about "all the hot college girls" I must see on campus all the time.  Oh!  And, he always insisted on asking me questions while he was poking around in my mouth.  Bro, I can't talk right now!  You should know this!

My dentist out here seems like a pretty solid guy.  He has a shaved head, which I appreciate.  I'm not sure why I appreciate it, I just do.  He's always very happy, which is a good thing.  Even if the Dentist suicide thing is a myth, you want folk to love what they do.

Anyway, here are today's stats:
Places traveled:  Which Wich for lunch, campus for a few hours, HyVee for groceries, then back home.
Distance traveled: According to Google Maps, it was 7.0 miles ($.68)
Meter: 1.5 hours downtown ($.90) + 3 hours on campus ($3)

Grand total for the day: $4.58
Grand total so far: $38.64
Left to save: $538.80

Happy Biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment