Wednesday, August 31, 2011

08-31-11: Is that a poster in your stroller, or are you just happy to see me?

Hello, friends!

Today was a momentous occasion!  It was the first time that I got to use my baby jogger along with my bike!

Most of y'all know about my day job, but for those who don't, I do campus ministry at the University of Missouri.  Today was our first Large Group of the year, which means I had a ton of stuff to schlep from my house to campus and back.

When I first moved to Columbia, I bought cheap bike on craigslist for $40 and for another $40, I found a baby jogger, one of those things you hitch up to a bike so your kid can ride with you but not have to peddle.  Over the years that bad boy has definitely paid for itself.  I even once used it for a tailgate:

I hate looking for parking, especially on Wednesdays, when I'm usually running late and need to make sure that everything gets started on time.  So, this baby jogger can be quite a lifesaver.

Of course, I get the funny looks when I'm riding down the street, but I don't mind.  An interesting thing I've noticed is that cars usually slow down because they think that I have a baby in there, but once they see that the baby jogger is full of boxes, they speed past me with a pretty pissed look on their faces.  Not that I mind.  =0).

Today's stats:
Places traveled: To and from campus, twice
Distance traveled: 8 miles ($.79)
Meter: 3.5 hours on campus ($3.50)

Grand Total for the day: $4.29
Grand Total so far: $42.93
Left to save: $539.09

Happy Biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment