Friday, August 26, 2011

If I drive my bike somewhere, does that count as irony?

Hi, friends!

Greetings from Saint Louis!  Tomorrow is my Sabbath so I figured it'd be great for me to visit my girlfriend.  She's working until the afternoon, so in the morning I'm going to be taking my cousins to the driving range for the first time.  I'm looking forward to a restful day hanging out with family, the gal I love, and Jesus.

I'm going to have some spare time between hanging out with the cousins and hanging out with Meg, so I thought I'd go down to Forest Park and ride around for a bit.  Doesn't that sound like fun?  Of course, in order for me to do that, it meant that I had to get my bike from Columbia to Saint Louis.  I don't have a bike rack, so I had two options:  Either leave Sulu/Jordy at home or find a way to cram my bike into my 1996 Toyota Corolla.  Guess which one I did?  =0). 

Apparently, both the front and back wheels have a quick release for easy access.  But, I put a rack on the back and it blocks the quick release from turning properly so I could only take the front wheel off.  Contrary to popular belief, 96 Corollas are not the most roomy of vehicles.  Even with the front wheel off, I still had to do some fancy cramming to get it in there.  But, it fit and now it's in Saint Louis with me.  I'm looking forward to the ride tomorrow.

Today's stats:
Places Traveled: Plasma and Campus
Distance Traveled: 4.1 miles ($.40)
Meter: 2.5 hours downtown ($1.50) + 1.5 hours on campus ($1.50)
Ticket Avoidance: $10 (I actually saw the meter lady walk by as I left the Plasma donation place.  There's no way I wouldn't have gotten a ticket.) 

Grand Total for the day: $13.40
Grand Total so far: $31.25
Left to save: $543.38

Happy Biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment