Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Welcome to Penny Peddling!

Hi, friends!

First, a word of note. If you are looking for a blog about rare coins, you are very much out of luck. This blog is about the money that I'm saving by biking instead of driving this year. I apologize for any perceived false representation. =0).

I bought I bike on Monday. It's a 2010 Trek 7.2 FX. I haven't named it yet (that blog post will come) but since it's a new toy and I paid some good cash for it, I figure I may as well get some good use out of it. Plus, with gas prices being what they are, this thing will eventually pay for itself, right?

So that got me thinking. What if I actually kept a tally of how much money I was saving by not driving and see how long it took me to save up the cost of the bike? Thus, Penny Peddling was born.

I'll try to keep it as entertaining as possible. For the first few posts I'm going to try and find my style and what works best. Keep coming back. I promise it will get better.

Oh, before I forget, most of my biking will be in Columbia, MO and our target goal is $574.63.

Happy Biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment