Friday, September 30, 2011

Everyone knows it's Windy...

Hello, friends!

Few of you probably know who Larry Ramos is.  In fact, I had to spend about 10 minutes on Google trying to make sure that Larry was the guy who I thought he was (it turns out that he was).  But Larry Ramos is a bit of a hero of mine.  You see, Larry is the Asian American guitar player for the Association, the maker of such hits like "Cherish" and "Windy." 

I was thinking about Larry because it was quite windy yesterday and biking around was a bit of an ordeal.  (I had the song Windy) stuck in my head.  Larry is my hero because as far as I can tell, he's the first Asian American rock star. 

I can't remember exactly what it was that I was watching, it was probably one of those Time-Life infomercials where they try to send you 150 of the greatest hits of all time on 12 compact discs for the low price of $3.3 trillion or something like that.  They always do clips of live performances to go along with the clips of the songs they are playing and I remember being in shock when I saw Larry there.  There was an Asian American guy, rocking a suit (as was the style at the time) playing his guitar and being a real part of a real band that really had some hits.  All this was back in the 60's too. 

So, here's to you, Larry Ramos!  You're an inspiration to us all! 

Stats since the last post:
Places traveled: Campus a few times, Dominos, Plasma, and Red Mango. 
Distance traveled:  10.7 miles ($.89)
Meters: 2 hours downtown ($1.20) + 8 hours on campus ($8.00)

Grand Total: $10.09
Grand Total so far: $75.09
Left to save: $507.57

Happy Biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment