Saturday, September 17, 2011

Will it, or won't it?! That is the question...

Hello, friends! 

I talked about this earlier in my other blog about how a 40% chance of rain is the worst because you don't there is no confidence in any decision that one makes about doing or not doing an event, one way or the other.  Well, that also goes for biking. 

Church, where I ref soccer on Saturday mornings, is only a 25 minute ride away.  I met a student at a Dairy Queen, less than 1.5 miles from my house.  A friend of mine is doing roller derby and it would actually be a shorter distance to bike there than to drive there.  But, I drove to all these places.  Why?  Because I don't want to get caught in a downpour. 

I think I mentioned this earlier, but if I haven't you're hearing it now.  With the exception of last semester, every semester I have been in Columbia, 8 total, I have crashed my bike.  Before last year, it was like clockwork.  One time it was black ice.  Another time it was during a light snow.  One time it was human stupidity as I tried to talk on the phone while biking.  But, all the other times, it's been because of rain.  It's not that I'm afraid (at least I don't think I am) of biking in the rain.  It's more that I just don't trust myself, especially on a bike that is faster than my old one (not to mention newer and more expensive). 

So, no stats for today.  Don't worry though, we'll get back to pedaling (and saving pennies) in no time!

Happy biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment