Sunday, September 18, 2011

I'm Pedaling in the Rain... Just Pedaling in the Rain!

Hello, friends! 

Back in 2009, I bought a house out here in CoMo.  I figured that I would be out here for a while and I wanted a place where students could come and hang out and have it feel like home.  It's a one story house with a finished basement, so my two roommates live upstairs and I have the basement all to myself. 

There are windows down there, but they only show me ground level so most of my light is artificial.  It also means that I'm not totally up on what the weather is like outside until I climb the stairs and get outside.  I can tell when it's raining hard because I can hear the rain hitting the roof and coming down the downspout though, so that's good. 

All that's to say, I decided this afternoon that I was going to go on a bike ride to the park as part of my Sabbath.  I looked out my windows and it was gloomy but I didn't hear any rain.  My next step was to check the weather, and weather.com said it was "cloudy."  The radar had green stuff (rain) just to the south of us, so I figured I was in the clear.

So, I get myself all ready to go, step outside, and lo and behold, it's raining.  Not a hard rain but one of those light misty rains.  You know the kind.  They're more annoying than anything else because they get speckles all over your glasses but it isn't raining hard enough to actually cancel your plans. 

I wrote a few days ago, maybe it was yesterday actually, about how I don't like to ride in the rain, but I decided that this rain wasn't bad enough to keep me from what I wanted to do.  So, I rode out, got a little wet, but it was totally worth it.  Good times biking, my friends, good times. 

Here are today's stats:
Places traveled: The park, Subway, and Bob's house
Distance traveled: 6.4 miles ($.58)
Meter: None

Grand Total for the day: $.58
Grand Total so far: $50.24
Left to save: $531.36

Happy Biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment