Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hybrid Commuting...

Hello, friends!

Two quick stories to tell you about.  Last Thursday I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with my friend Chris.  I rode my bike to campus and my friend Chris lives pretty much right next to the BWW, so we had a bit of a dilemma.  Do I ride to BWW or do I ask Chris to give me a ride back to campus and then have to drive all the way back to his place.  Chris ended up giving me a ride to BWW and I rode back.

Story number two just happened a few hours ago.  I rode to church this morning, actually, it's right next to the BWW, now that I think about it.  But my friend Dude and I were both going to my friend Bob's house to watch football (which is what I'm doing right now... why are my Dolphins so bad?!).  So, do I ride back and meet Dude there?  Nope, I toss my bike in Dude's trunk and head up with him.

I was trying to figure out what to call this situation, when I bike part of the way and drive part of the way.  My friend (and preferred bike mechanic) Josh already has a term for it that I will gladly be stealing.  He calls it Hybrid Commuting.

There is one limiting factor to my ability to plan my hybrid commuting like Josh does.  That would be the fact that I don't own a bike rack.  I've found that I can fit my car into my bike (and even take both wheels off, which is nice), but it's definitely easier if I have a bike rack to put on the trunk or something like that.  Of course, that would require me to spend some more money, which is definitely not something that is Penny Peddle approved.  =0).

Today's stats:
Places traveled: Church 1.5 times (once being a hybrid commute)
Distance traveled: 13.5 miles ($1.13)

Grand Total for the day: $1.13
Grand Total so far: $66.13
Left to save: $516.33

Happy Biking!

~Adam

1 comment:

  1. " I've found that I can fit my car into my bike" — this I would like to see

    ReplyDelete