Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Mad Dash to the Penny!

Hello, friends!

Fun story about today. This afternoon I drove a student to job interview, then she needed to go grocery shopping. Needless to say, these are things that I cannot do with just a bike. So, Sulu was given a rest and the Rolla got a much needed workout. By the time I finished all the errands for the day and dropped my student off at her dorm, it was already after 6pm and I had a meeting on campus. So, I figured I may as well drive to the other part of campus and wait until the meeting.

When I got to the meeting, I realized that I had forgotten some promotional sheets that I wanted to give out! Ah, now it was Sulu's time to shine! I drove back to my place as quickly as I could, then hopped on my bike and was back on campus before you could count to 20 (if you were counting minutes...) What was the net gain? Probably only a few cents since there weren't any meters to worry about and the parking is relatively easy in the evening. BUT, it sure did feel great to ride, and isn't that worth something? =0).

Here are today's stats:
Places traveled: campus and my friend Bob's house to watch football.
Distance traveled: 4.5 miles ($.43)
Meter: None

Grand Total for the day: $.43 
Grand Total so far: $42.85 
Left to save: $538.77 

Happy Biking!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment